Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Nobody Likes A Rat Redux

Last month, I was confronted by a large inflated rat on my way home from work. Two weeks or so ago, that rat, or a reasonable facsimile thereof, had followed me back to Brooklyn and planted itself in front of the construction site at 163 Washington Avenue, past which I walk every morning on my way to work. My commute is becoming rat-infested.

Pinmark Rat #1: Return of the Rat

I still have no idea what the original rat was about but this rat appears connected to some sort of protest against the contractor running the construction site, one Pinmark Contracting. Indeed, this morning, I saw a couple of protestors with flyers and I took one:

Pinmark Protest Flyer

According to the flyer, a rally is planned on Saturday, the 20th, at 10 AM. I looked the place up on Brownstoner and found nothing untoward. Google came up empty as well. If there is evil afoot here, it's been kept on the down-low. I'll be staying on top of things, mostly because I have to walk by there every day. My advice to these protestors: you need to get the word out better. And ditch the giant rat. Please.