Thursday, September 4, 2008

Black, Chrome, and Premier

I saw a blog entry at Google about their new browser titled Chrome. I decided to give it a download. I haven't put any browsers other than Explorer on the new PC (Firefox was giving me some issues previously). So far, under light browsing conditions, Chrome is performing well. Only time will tell if it has got the stuff to become my everyday browser.


I received an email yesterday from Best Buy, congratulating me for obtaining an elite Reward Zone membership level: Premier Black. It sounds like a tequila. Not that I drink tequila but if I did, I would proudly order a shot of premier black. Here's the verbiage from the email:

We'd like to welcome you to the Best Buy® Reward Zone® program at our most elite membership level - Premier Black.

Premier Black is a pilot in select areas that rewards our best customers for shopping at Best Buy stores.

According to the literature, I now have access to a premier black concierge. I don't know who or what this is, but if it's someone I can boss around and generally belittle, I'm all for it. Apparently, there are other perks but they pale in comparison to this virtual butler. I shall call him Jeeves. What the name lacks in originality, it makes up in style and tradition. I'm all about tradition. Premier Black: it's good to be the king. This program just promotes itself.