Wednesday, October 1, 2008

BD-Dead

When all I have to talk about is my failure to download the hyped-on-the-box BD-Live feature from the Iron Man blu-ray, you know it's a slow week.

I wasted over two hours trying to download this feature that I really didn't even care about before I finally gave up on it. Luckily, I went to dinner during this dead time and didn't suffer overmuch.

Word comes via blu-ray.com that confirms Paramount had bandwidth issues regarding the download content:

The Iron Man Blu-ray went on sale Tuesday and... an unprecedented demand was placed on the BD-Live connection... As such, the heavy amount of traffic strained the servers due to so many people heading to the same destination.

Source: "Iron Man BD-Live Statement from Paramount" by Ben Williams

There you have it, from the horse's head itself. I still don't know if this "first of its kind BD-Live application" is worth the hassle (or any hassle). I'm guessing not but, if someone has seen this groin-grabbingly wonderful application, maybe you can tell me what it actually is.