Friday, October 3, 2008

Random Detritus: Friday Edition

A Facebook comment inspired my mind to wander in the direction of '80s session super-group Toto, specifically the song Africa. Yet, somewhere along the way, I found myself confronted by the lyrics to that other '80s group, Asia and In the Heat of the Moment. I must confess that I dig the tune but I'd never actually paid much attention to the lyrics. There are some heavy, heavy words in there. Check out the last stanza:

And when your looks have gone and you're alone
How many nights you sit beside the phone
What were the things you wanted for yourself
Teenage ambitions you remember well

That, friends and Romans, is some deep thought, right there.


In more uplifting news, I found, courtesy of NeoGAF, perhaps the finest GIF ever. EVER.

Ghostbusters Jig

So help me, I can't stop looking at it. I can't. Who am I gonna call? Who am I gonna call!?!