Thursday, July 10, 2008

iFirmware

The (in)famous 2.0 firmware for the iPhone is out like the gout. I heard it first from friend, ex-coworker and current Pennsylvanian, John, and have since seen a picturesque update on Engadget. Here's what they're saying:

That's right. If you've been dying for a round of Super Monkey Ball, now's your chance. The firmware is available only through a direct link, not iTunes, so if you want it, follow the read link to sweet, succulent 2.0 paradise. We're loading it up as we speak, so we'll let you know what's good ASAP. If you want to update, just download the file, then hold option when checking for an update in iTunes -- find the file and let the party begin.

Source: "iPhone firmware 2.0 is live (plus hands-on)" by Joshua Topolsky

My party will begin tonight!


At some point, I will upgrade my iPhone but not tomorrow and probably not until I come back from vacation (the 18th through the 30th). In the meantime, I am keenly awaiting user feedback. Reviews are nice but I want real man-on-the-street genuine everyday user experience stuff. It's almost impossible to think the new phone won't be better than the current phone but I'd still like a little extra assurance before I plunk down more money and chain myself to a new two year phone plan that's feature degraded from my current setup.