Thursday, July 31, 2008

Back in the Salad

Vacation is over and I'm back at the grind. I had an incredible time and my only complaint is that it was over too quickly.

Sunset Looking at the Pell Bridge

I ordered a new battery for my laptop which, over-nighted, should arrive before the weekend. If it goes according to Hoyle, that means I can begin bulk uploading photos from the trip. I have uploaded a few and I've created a set for them here. I'll be uploading in fits and starts but when the photos go up, that's where they'll go.

Work has been oddly calm and kind today although there were enough issues while I was gone that I knew I was missed. It's a nice feeling to know the place struggles without you when you're gone.


Since I took a ton of pictures, I feel like I can say that I put my camera through it's paces. My humble conclusion is that I really really like it. I can't speak to how it compares with others because it's my first but I can say that it did absolutely everything I needed it to and was very easy for me to use. I'm not a total photo-noob but I know just enough to be dangerous. I hope the pictures I took will bear this out.


Since I missed The Dark Knight during my trip, I'll be catching it on IMAX this weekend. I think I've kept myself fairly clear of spoilers and hype. I'm ready and I'm looking forward to it. This has been a great summer for comic book movies.