Sunday, April 27, 2008

Broker is Brooklyn

As I continue to drench myself in the tidal wave of media generated by the imminent release of , new bits of information rise up from the dark waters to raise my interest in the game to new levels. I found this on Stephen Totilo's blog:

"I am playing the game in my apartment in the Clinton Hill section of Brooklyn, essentially the same neighborhood where 'GTA IV' protagonist Niko Bellic is based. For seven hours I have primarily spent Niko’s time in west Brooklyn – called Broker in the game – visiting his cousin’s taxi shop which sits across the street from the same Navy yards that are at the end of the street on which I live. Half of the time I’ve put Niko behind the wheel of a car, I’ve driven past a traffic circle, a grand arch and a massive library, all of which are all spitting images of the Grand Army Plaza location that is a 10 minute walk from my house. I walk around the circle often; I use that library."

I was already wondering if I would be able to find my virtual house in the game but I had no idea that the neighborhood would not only be in the game but be right at the center of things. I'm already plotting the abuses I intend to inflict on my virtual neighbors (sorry in advance).