Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Offline In Liberty City, Hello MGO!

A man works hard. He comes home. He wants to eat some bacon and go online and kill people. Well, I got home, I ate my bacon, but no online killing spree for me, not if I want to do it in the sandbox of at least.

I had read on neogaf that the situation had been fixed. Well, it might have been fixed earlier in the day when the western hemisphere was at work but, now that we've all come home, it is down again. My teeth, I am gnashing them.

This not wholly unexpected outage did create the opportunity to complete the mammoth task of installing and updating . I created my character "Van Cleef" and took him online for one of the training sessions. The controls are... interesting. I need more time with them to try to get comfortable.

My original assessment of things was that I had gotten to the beta too late because I assumed I'd be caught up in GTA for my online fix. Well, that idea is slowly circling the drain. With Niko stuck on the sidelines, Van Cleef may get some play time.