Saturday, April 26, 2008

Time to Start Saving For Another iPhone?

Word is getting around that Apple's second generation iPhone will have 3G (instead of EDGE) and, finally, mercifully, GPS. While 3G will be a nice upgrade, I'm not sure that would be enough incentive, alone, for me to upgrade from my generation one iPhone. However, GPS is another story. The pathetic, poor-man's triangulation GPS-want-to-be that the iPhone has presently has only increased my desire for real, bona fide GPS. The only thing next is to give the internal memory a nice fat bump. I want a real increase, not 12 GB or 16 GB but 32 or 64 at least. If Apple's not going to let us use external memory cards, the least they can do is give us enough to put a sizeable amount of our media library on the thing. If they do that, I'll have to start saving my pennies for a summer upgrade.