Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Urge to Kill Rising


Angry monkey
Originally uploaded by mag3737
I've been hearing great things about multiplayer. Too bad, I can't get to it!

Every time I tried to get online, I'd get a rather vague message saying, "Can not connect to game provider, please try again later." I figured that there was an issue on my end. I exited the game, checked my PSN connection, tried it again. No luck. I rebooted my PS3, tried it again. No luck. I verified my network settings and tried it again. No luck. Finally, defeated, I just went back to the single player experience.

Apparently, I am not alone. I don't know if that makes me feel better or worse.

My biggest gripe with the has been, and continues to be, home to a very uneven, inconsistent online experience. Now one of the biggest games of recent memories is laid low by online woes. I'm sure Rockstar can right the ship but it's too late to avoid yet another online letdown associated with the Playstation Network. I can forgive but I can't forget!