Friday, April 25, 2008

Here There Be Brides...

I received my invitation this morning to my first pirate wedding. I am very excited. If there is anything that can add a little spice to a wedding, it's pirates.

In the interests of full-disclosure, I must concede that I was not on the original guest. My cousin could not make the trip so I was chosen out of a cast of thousands (or at least a handful) as his very willing replacement.

I've only got a couple of weeks to prepare so I'd better dig out and dust off my tri-corner hat. Hopefully, the reception won't be overrun with impersonators.

Many Bothan spies died to bring me this peek at the reception DJ's playlist:

  • Come Sail Away - Styx
  • I'm Your Captain - Grand Funk Railroad
  • Sailing - Christopher Cross
  • Professor Booty - The Beastie Boys
  • Sloop John B - The Beach Boys
  • Walking on Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves
I have to figure out a good gift- something they'll like but not like too much, I don't want them to bury it somewhere for some future pack of to dig up.