Thursday, August 7, 2008

Brett the Jet

The Brett Favre saga ended with a a somewhat surprising twist: a trade to the New York Jets. The funny thing was, my first thought had less to do with contemplation of the Jets chances of success with Favre in the real world than with his impact on my Madden Jets franchise. As if to punctuate this thought process, my cousin messaged me this exclamation: "What a MADDEN upgrade!"

With the new Madden release coming next week (or tomorrow if I am lucky), I suppose I can be forgiven. I doubt I'm alone in my mania besides, if it wasn't Madden implications, surely a thousand notes were taken by a thousand fantasy football owners sizing up a new wrinkle for their draft. The last thing we're thinking about is real football.


In completely unrelated news, the second external hard drive dock I tried to hook up my ex-laptop HD to my new PC did the trick. I can now access all my files from my laptop and begin the process of migrating them to the new PC. The dock I went with was an Apricorn. The dock itself works like a champ but the software on the installation CD brought Vista to its knees. Thankfully, I don't need any of it to do what needs doing.