Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Immortalize This

I like that new games are starting to really take advantage of the possibilities of media- Halo 3, Skate and others have encorporated user-created videos directly into the game. Madden has followed suit in this regard and added a feature to save and upload video highlights. It's very, very limited but it works. Now we can all see videos of Lamont Jordan going Bo Jackson on an entire defense- Yay!

As cool a feature as this is, I do wonder why they don't make a deal and utilize an existing video distribution service such as YouTube. Instead, ERA tries to reinvent the wheel with their own service that, of course, relies on their own ID and login systems. What, does no one like simplicity?


In other media creation news, I'm still fooling around with Lightroom 2. My first impression is... it's okay. Maybe I need to learn what I'm doing but I'm underwhelmed by it at the moment. I'm not inspired. I admit, however, that I need more time. It does do more, by itself, than the other two apps did by themselves. That has to count for something... I guess.