Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Random Detritus: Commuter Edition

There was some wierdness on the commute this morning. Both the A and C trains got shunted to the F line from Jay street to West 4th. It's the sort of thing that could use a snappy sign or at least a warning but it wasn't to be. The first I heard of it was the rather brusque conductor's announcements and pronouncements via loudspeaker. It was only effecting the uptown track... for now.

I needed to get off at Canal which, unfortunately, was within the underground Bermuda triangle being avoided by the trains this morning. I could have gotten off at West 4 and either walked down from there or take a Brooklyn-bound train to Canal. Instead, I got off at Delancy-Essex and walked across Chinatown/Little Italy/etc. Passed by a beautiful Police Department building on Broome (I think) and saw a great sign for the Five Brothers Fat Enterprises company (should have taken a picture, dammit).

Police Department #2

In other news, I saw more evidence that there are some keenly funny minds with sharpies running around my local subway stop. These are classic:

Now What? #2

Now What #1

These guys have all the answers.