Thursday, August 14, 2008

Walter Mosley Doesn't Want Me

Something funny happened on the way to my local subway this morning. A man in a suit was handing out pamphlets. Well, I assume that's what he was doing because he handed one to the man walking about fifteen feet ahead of me. However, he conspicuously turned his back as I approached and remained fixed, looking away, as I passed by him and down the stairs.

Really? Am I not worthy of a pamphlet? What's the worst I could have done? Discarded it at the bottom of the stairs? Like the copy I found at the bottom of the stairs that someone else, somebody the pamphleteer felt worthy, had dropped? Somebody needs to fine-tune their decision-making.

Barack Obama Needs You!!! #2

The back of the pamphlet reads:

Why should I care?

District leaders play a central role in determining who governs and what issues they prioritize...

I guess that means I should care that said leader's representative decided to snub me, decided I wasn't worthy to hear the message, decided to turn his back. Maybe it's not so funny after all.