Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Who Will Watch the Watchmen?

I think I will after catching the trailer attached to The Dark Knight and then watching it again on YouTube. I never read the graphic novel. Now I'm wondering if I should now or wait until after I see the film. I'm leaning towards after for the simple reason is that I will be able to watch the film as a single, stand-alone experience without the comic hanging over it.


As a somewhat casual aside, I'm getting pulled into more "higher level" conversations at work of late. I suppose this is a good thing but it might not be. Like Frodo moving through Mordor, the attention of the Great Eye is best avoided.


I'm going to run down to J & R at lunch to try a second external hard drive enclosure. I just don't trust the one I've got holding my ex-laptop hard drive. If this one doesn't work, I'll be pretty close to the end of my rope.