Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Curry On My Wayward Son

'curryman graph' uploaded by ricky46ruckus on Flickr

It ain't easy to find a good pun to go with curry but I, I am a master of the form, and, basking in the glow of dinner, I was inspired to rarefied pun-ish heights (I am the pun-isher).

Dinner was yellow curry with beef from Thai 101. Curry is not normally on my culinary short-list but, tonight, I was inspired. Inspired but not blind, I also ordered, as a backup, nice, safe fried rice. However, the curry, a bit sweet, a bit spicy, hit the spot so completely that the fried rice has been relegated to the fridge for tomorrow.

Those are some big shoes to fill.

My bigfoot post got a wee bit of attention which is cool. I really think that the bigfoot community needs to distinguish between the researchers whose undertakings are honest, scholarly, and those people trying to turn a buck, make a name, or just hijack the forum because they can. Maybe this whole to-do will push people in the right direction. We'll see.

Getting crabby.

I watched all four episodes of After the Catch yesterday, the last one when I really should have been in bed. I don't know why The Deadliest Catch captures my attention so completely but I am like an Opelio crab caught in its pot and I can't get out. After three or four seasons, you'd think all the tales have been told (and, honestly, they have) but I haven't tired of them. Not a bit.

Showtime.

My cousin, Paul, arrives this Friday to stay with me to start off his summer vacation. He wants to see a show but doesn't know what show to see. I get the feeling he doesn't actually like theater over much but he wants to do it because, as he said, it's a New York thing to do. Well, plenty of things are New York things to do, like taking a dump on the edge of a subway platform, dodging hobos, and bitching about gentrification. I told him to find a couple of shows he wanted to see. He's having a hard time coming up with anything. At $40+ a pop, even via TKTS, I figure he should see something because he wants to see it, not because he feels obligated to see something, anything, in the pursuit of the New York state of mind. (Where have you gone, Billy Joel?) I suppose we'll figure something out.

I'm going to watch Anthony Bourdain slough his way through Indonesia on the TV. I like his caustic brand of narrative - he's a man after my own heart. Plus, I've got nothing more to say (yeah, right).

Zemanta Pixie