Friday, June 6, 2008

Mean, Green, and not Charlie Sheen

The buzz surrounding the The Incredible Hulk has not been good.  And that would be an understatement.  However, Ain't It Cool News has just posted an extremely favorable review (thanks for the link, Joey):

Louis Leterrier has made a HULK movie that first and foremost is badass, kickass and asskicking, but is most certainly not ASS.

Ain't It Cool News aren't exactly bastions of journalism. However, if there is one thing they do better than most (maybe all) is capture the feeling of the fan, not interested in the composition of the mise-en-scene, just in whether the experience lives up to our primal filmic desires: does it kick ass or does it not kick ass?

I want to believe. I'm not totally sold yet but, reading that gushing geek geyser of a review, my excitement level is rising. I so what the Hulk to kick ass. Please, kick some ass. I want to believe.