Saturday, June 7, 2008

Dancing Queens

I'm on my way out the door to see Mongol. Before I left the cool confines of my apartment, I wanted to drop a quick note about the burlesque show I took in at Sputnik last night.

I hadn't seen a burlesque before. I suppose, the question should be: would I see one again? Oh, yes.

All the girls were great - and had different looks and styles so that there was a good variety in the show. The MC, Bastard Keith, was, himself, highly entertaining. I must, however, give a special round of applause to the headliner, Gigi La Femme, who closed the show with a Star Wars disco dance that climaxed (yes, climaxed) with her reveal in the Princess Leia Return of the Jedi outfit. Oh, my.

Unfortunately, I was unable to take any pictures. However, a flickr photo search reveals much.


Note: A co-worker and friend were supposed to accompany me but both bailed so I went lone wolf, or, as someone else might put it, creepy alone guy. Thanks, guys!