Monday, June 2, 2008

Lunchtime: Viet Cafe


Viet Cafe
Originally uploaded by Critical Todd

I kinda sorta overspent on lunch today but I had a hankering for some Vietnamese food today so I splurged on Viet Cafe.

I hadn't ever eaten there before but it's very conveniently located vis-a-vis my job and it scratched the itch I needed to scratch so I gave it a go. I just had Vietnamese over the weekend in Philadelphia so it's weird that I wanted it again so soon. Who can say why our inner mysteries move the way they do? In any case, I didn't fight it.

I had an order of crispy spring rolls (Nems) and a bowl of beef fried rice. Both were very good but the Nems were a bit overpriced, I think, for the portion that I received.

Or maybe not. The whole thing ran me $16 before tax and tip which isn't too terrible but equals about three lamb-over-rices from the Halal street cart. It was good enough that I would definitely go back for more but it's a bit too pricey for more than a once-a-month lunch-type thing. Still, it definitely answered my inner gourmand.