Friday, June 20, 2008

Send In the Clowns

Two big summer comedies opened today, The Love Guru and Get Smart, so why do I have absolutely no desire to see either one of them? And when I say no desire I mean it: no desire. None.

It's not because I have hatred for either film. Neither of them is directed by Michael Bay (yes, I'm one of those). Really, I'm just completely apathetic. I see the commercials and my first thought is "Meh". I just don't care.

The "buzz", whatever that is, says both these movies are not very good. Does it surprise me? No. Both films look like the definition of cookie cutter. Where's the creativity of a 40 Year Old Virgin? Knocked Up? Juno? It ain't here. Cookie cutter, assembly line, this is what Smart and Guru look like to me. So, instead of dumping cash at the box office, I'll head outside, go to the Mermaid Parade, and enjoy the first few official days of summer. Who's with me?

Zemanta Pixie