Thursday, May 22, 2008

In an Indiana State of Mind


LEGO Indiana Jones (photo)
Originally uploaded by Dunechaser

Yesterday, I bought my ticket to see Indy IV tomorrow at the Regal E Walk Stadium 13. I would have loved to see the movie tonight but it's just easier to see it tomorrow, Friday, leaning into the long Memorial Day weekend. I don't know anyone who went to the midnight show last night so, thankfully, I will not have to dodge spoilers. I'll certainly need to be careful not to get spoiled via the interwebs but that's a bit easier of a road to hoe.

Does anybody remember the Robert Townsend movie, Hollywood Shuffle(imdb)? Before his career descended to the likes of The Meteor Man (imdb), Townsend was a very funny man. Very funny. How does this connect to Indiana Jones? In Shuffle, a inner-city version of Ebert & Roeper review several films, including a parody of Indy, Chicago Jones. If you haven't seen this, you haven't lived. This is pure comedy gold. It's Sneaking in the Movies: