Friday, May 2, 2008

LOST: Something Nice at Home

This felt like a filler episode. What I learned was that the Jack and Kate of the future are the same as the Jack and Kate of the present (and past), Juliet is handy with a scalpel, and Claire has disappeared. That's it and it's nothing that the writers couldn't have condensed into about five minutes, if it even deserved that much time.

I am sure that Kate's "failure" at the operating table will be meaningful in some way but I just don't care. And Juliet's admission to Kate is a revelation only to Kate and I have my doubts that even she didn't know. This episode was a sleeper and, by that, I mean it threatened to put me to sleep.

Next week looks much better, back to the Ben and Locke Express and all the awesomeness they bring with them. After this week, needs all the Ben and Locke it can get.