Friday, May 23, 2008

Robert Asprin, RIP


Myth-Told Tales
Originally uploaded by Critical Todd

I just read that author passed away on the 22nd. He was one of my favorite authors growing up. While I hadn't read any of his books in a long time, I have very fond memories of the Myth series, the Phule series and others. I remember swooping through Barnes & Nobles on summer break grabbing every new edition I could find. When I couldn't find anything I hadn't read, I'd just read through one of the books I already had.

I wish it wasn't only when people leave that we think back upon them. It's time to go back to the bookstore, back to the A section of the well traveled sci-fi/fantasy aisle. Only now, when I look over theMyth books, the Phule books, there won't be anything new to find. Rest in peace, Mr. Asprin. You're already missed.