Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sweet Tooth Didn't Like It Either


Twisted Metal
Originally uploaded by PSP Theme

I like David Jaffe. He's a very good game designer. His Twisted Metal games are amongst my favorite games ever. Ever. But now, having read his impromptu, rambling review of Indy IV, my admiration for the man has only grown.

His postscript sums up my thoughts nicely (although I'll beg to differ on The Scorpion King):

and before you post that I should just chill and enjoy a fun time at the movies, please read the part in the review where I address that very issue. I think since Star Wars Episode I, that has been a battle cry for folks trying to defend shitty movies ('ahh, just chill and have a good time! You take it too serious!"). But the reality is, a dorky, fun, let it all hang out movie CAN WORK and I love movies like that (The Mummy, The Scorpion King, The Forbidden Temple come to mind)...but this movie is not that. Those 'B' movies still thrill and entertain. This just bores and embarrasses all involved.

Well said and better said than I did.