Saturday, May 31, 2008

Things to Do, Saturday Edition, Philly Sub-Edition

I'm in Philadelphia today visiting my sister. As I write this, we hanging out in her apartment watching The Departed. I was able to acquire LOST season finale that I missed the other night. I gave it a spin. I'll write up something more substantive tomorrow when I get home but my capsule review: underwhelming. I had seen the end on Thursday and, as I watched the episode from the beginning, I kept waiting for some big something to happen but when I got to the end, that something hadn't happened. I'll go a bit deeper tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, I'll also write up my thoughts on Machine Girl. Bottom line: great low-budget high body count action splatterfest.

I saw Prince Caspian this afternoon. It's drek. Although surprisingly dark and bloody (I don't remember much from the book), it's light on charm, internal logic, and plot sensibility.

Tomorrow I'll be seeing another flick at a Philly art house theater but I don't remember what it is at the moment. Hopefully, it will be better than Prince Crapsian.