Saturday, May 24, 2008

Soupy Sale

I walked over to El Cofre to get something for dinner. I hadn't been there before but an ex-coworker had given it a good review. I ended up walking out with a sausage soupy rice which, I must say, was excellent.

While I was waiting for my food, I was looking at their TV which was tuned to Telemundo. A Rebecca Romijn movie was playing. The Spanish title was "Mujer Fatal". Wouldn't that translate to "Fatal Murder"? Aren't all murders fatal or did I miss something? [EDIT: I missed something. "Mujer" means "woman". Thanks, Angel.] One good thing I saw was an ad for Modelo beer with a boxer and masked wrestler arguing at a bar. At one point, the wrestler had the boxer on the bar and pinned him with a quick three-count. That's good stuff. And I had no idea what they were saying. Yet, I have a strange craving for Modelo beer...

This has nothing to do with anything I just talked about but, yesterday, I saw this woman as I was waiting outside the movie theater prior to seeing Indy IV. I can only describe what I saw as... the mega-visor! I think she may be the member of a rogue street welder cult but I haven't been able to confirm it.

(And yes, that is Morgan Freeman's brother checking her out from across the street.)